Today, we are 28 weeks pregnant and begin third trimester🤗. I can’t believe how quick the weeks are going by.
I feel like my belly has had a massive growth spurt in the last week and am surprised by how much it’s protruding and somewhat daunted by how much bigger it’s going to get.
During the week I had the privilege of seeing baby in 3D. It was so amazing to see those gorgeous wee lips and button nose. Baby was also showing off its yoga skills and had a foot in front of its face thru out the scan- so adorable.
Pregnancy is such a weird and wonderful thing! And there have definitely been some weird stuff going on with this body of mine. Some of these symptoms include;
- Extremely gassy, yep I fart all the time and barely have much control over it. I’m so going to get caught out soon.
- Heartburn, this isn’t fun and usually comes on at bedtime in which I have to prop myself up and hope things will settle.
- Constipation, bless the consumption of kiwifruit and prunes to help me out here.
- A few erratic mood swings. Sorry hubby! Last weekend I had a meltdown because he bought the wrong type of potatoes from the supermarket!😳
- Insomnia, I’ve had this since first trimester. Maybe it’s preparing me for those sleepless nights when baby arrives.
- Other symptoms have been the usual tiredness, frequent bathroom visits, dry eyes, back pain, cramp, forgetfulness and the list goes on.
But it’s still the most incredible and amazing experience. To think you are nurturing a little minion in there. The most wonderful part is feeling baby kick, it’s the weirdest feeling and you never quite know when that big jolt in the tummy’s going to be. Sometimes I just lie down, lift my top up and watch with amazement.
So 12 weeks to go, all going well. We can’t wait to meet our precious wee sweet pea.